-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Till We Meet Again


I think that there are two things that the majority of the world fears:  the thought of not being able to see the unknown, and death.  I know that today, on September 23, 2012 one of my friends knew exactly where she was going.  She made her way to the gates of heaven.  She died today of a brain aneurism, and is now in loving care of her Father in Heaven.  I am saddened to know that the world lost a beautiful daughter of God, and the ray of sunshine that followed her.  She was my age, and a young wife of 5 months.  I pray that her husband and family will be comforted with the thought that she is in a better place now. 



 I met this beautiful daughter 2 years ago in college.  She was the supervisor in my preschool lab, and she taught me the basics of everything that I needed to know.  I followed her steps, and became a supervisor of my own lab this past semester at college.  I thought often of her, and how she would handle the crying child at the door, or how to make something boring, enjoyable and worthwhile for the kids.  I am beyond grateful for everything that she taught me while she was here.  She taught me perseverance when she showed up to class with a swollen jaw, and still ready to teach because that is what she loved.   She was a hard worker, a keeper of her word, and a loving person. 

I know that this is not the last time I will she her smiling face.  Heavenly Father has graciously accepted his daughter into Heaven, and I know that she is happy.  Knowing that at any moment something can change my life, and change the way the world see's me is kind of unsettling.  Yesterday I was watching Mormon Messages on my computer, and one of my favorites is a story told by Elder Russell M. Nelson.  The story goes that he was in an airplane, and something went wrong with one of the wings, and the plane started a downward spiral to the ground.  A woman across the aisle was hysterical with the fear of coming to her death.  He mentions that he was calm.  Totally calm.  He says that he was, "ready to meet [his] maker."  and that, "Heartaches will come... but be patient because perfection does not come in this life, it comes in the life to come....we can receive strength from these tumultuous times."

 

I would like to say that I would be like Elder Nelson, and be completely calm when I am faced with adversity.  However, I see myself as the woman who didn't know the unknown.  I know where I am going, but am I ready?  I am not.  I need a ton of improvement, but what I need to realize is that I am on the Lord's time, not my own.  If he so sees to give me or my family adversity in life, I need to be ready.  There is only so much time he can wait.  I want to let the Lord help me make a difference in my life.  I am grateful for the gospel for the strength it gives me, and the comfort it helps me see in times of sorrow.  


I loved my friend dearly.  I know it is ok to mourn for her life, and the irreplaceable spot that no one else will be able to fill.  Mourning is evidence you have loved.  We will one day be able to sit in Heaven with our world full of kids, and remember the times that were, and the times that will be.  Life is eternal; there is no end to light, to glory, or to love, and I know this to be true.  "God Be with You till We Meet Again," my peaceful friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com