-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Oaxacan Experience

One thing that people know Mormons for is, "Them temples!"  I had the opportunity to go to the temple in Oaxaca, and be blessed beyond what I ever could have imagined.  Many people want to know what the temple is, so if you are curious I will go ahead and give you the scoop in the best way that I can.

If you don't know what a temple is, you should first know A.)  It's a place....and it's on earth.  :P  If you have never seen one, then this is what the one I went to this weekend looked like.


Beautiful right!?  Now, B) Not every temple looks the same...some look like this:








Salt Lake City Temple










                                                                    San Diego Temple







Rexburg, ID Temple









                                                                   Nauvoo, IL Temple

In my opinion, all of them are gorgeous and it is on my bucket list to visit all of them...in the U.S. that is!  I have been in the Tennessee, Nashville Temple, the Rexburg, ID Temple, and the Oaxaca Temple.  That means only 76 more to go.  :) 

So now that you know what they look like, you may be wondering what they look like on the inside.  Well many people think that it is only for Latter-Day Saints to see the inside, and this is partially correct.  EVERY time a new temple is built, there is what we call an open house.  This is where anyone, member or not, can tour the temple before it is dedicated.  So if ya wanna see one,  Arizona has 2, Colorado has 1, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Wyoming also all have one either announced, or under construction as we speak.  http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/maps/  Check it out! 

If you don't live near any of those places then this is a good website to visit:  https://www.lds.org/church/temples/why-we-build-temples/inside-the-temple?lang=eng

Even more beautiful right!  Now I love the temple with all of my heart, and I am glad that it is a sacred thing that I can keep in my life.  Do notice that I said sacred, not secret.  It isn't a secret, simply sacred.  When a temple is dedicated, then only worthy members are allowed in to do the ordinances that Heavenly Father has prepared for us.

Every member has to have a recommend upon entering the temple.  To get a temple recommend we meet with our bishop and talk to him, and answer questions pertaining to faith, and the keeping of the commandments.  Honestly, if ya really wanna know everything about the temple, you should get baptized and check it out for yourself.  Just read the Book of Mormon, I promise you won't be disappointed!  :)

Side note:  You know the Disney princess stories where they live happily ever after, and there is always that picture in the background of a beautiful castle.  Now, this is what I am sure what getting married in the temple feels like.  Yes, I know you are already princes, and princesses, but you need proof right...this is your chance brothas and sistas.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com