-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Love. Just. Like. Her.

On Saturdays, mi familia has a thing were they make all this awesome food, and invite uncles, aunts, and grandparents; like a little fiesta every week. I love the whole emphasis on families here in Mexico, it's just very Mormon like.  :-)  Well today we had enchiladas verde, and it was sooooooo good!!  I feel like Saturdays are the one day where I can eat, and not want any more food after for a really long time.  So both my grandmas were here today.  I truly do love those ladies.  :-)  They always try to talk to me, even though I have no idea what they are telling me.  It is funny to watch us speak to each other, but I really admire their patience with me.

So while we were all seated at the dinner table, the grandma (on the dad's side) get's up, and walks over to where I was at the table.  I really didn't know what she was going to do, but I thought she was getting something off of the shelf or something, and then return to her seat.  Well before I knew it, she was at my side and had my head in her hands.  She then gave me the kindest kiss on the forehead.  She muttered something in my ear, then kissed me again on the cheek.  I was speechless, I didn't really know what to say, so I just sat there and blushed.  I had enchiladas all in my mouth, and really could not think of adequate words to express my feelings at that moment.  I think I sounded a little like, "Thank..smh..uh...ha..uhhhhhhhhh..."  My grandma finally ventured over to her seat, and began eating again; and when she sat down my dad told me what she had muttered in my ear.

She said, "That even though I am not your mom, I still want to give you a kiss."  :)

Who does that?  And how in the world was I blessed to live with, and meet such great people??  I really love that she showed her love to me.  There is a talk by one of the apostles, although I cannot remember which one at the moment, who said that we need to SHOW  our love to those we love.  We can do this through words, actions, or service.  You cannot expect someone to know that you love them without showing them.  This experience was the prime example of that in my life.  Never before have I felt that somebody truly loved me, without really knowing me first.  This woman was an example to me in my life, and how I need to remind those that I care about that I love them, even if I don't know them all that well.  I know that it can make an impact in one's life, as it did mine.  

A few weeks ago, was the first time I saw this loving woman as she was.  We all went on an outing to the movies as a family, and grandma, my sister, and I were all in the backseat with me stuck in the middle as usual.  :p  When the movie was over, we all walked back to the car, grandma arm in arm with her son.  As any elderly person, she had a hard time walking, so the pace was really slow leaving the theater.  The night air was unfortunately chilly, so we were eager to get in the car as soon as possible and warm up.  When we got the car unlocked and everything running, grandma very gently took her hand in mine, and held it all the way to her house.  Every now and then, she would give my hand a little squeeze, as if to make sure my hand was still there.  As she got out of the car she looked back at me and said, "Muchas gracias hija."  This woman is amazing, and I can already say that when I grow up, I would like to LOVE. JUST. LIKE. HER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com