-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween Fit For A Queen

I must say that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays ever to be invented.  I love the costumes, the candy, the boogie woogies, but especially the candy.  :)  It is so much fun too!  Well in Mexico I was expecting Halloween to be rockin' and I would be lying if I said that it wasn't.  It was one of the greatest Halloween's I have ever had.  Let's get started on the festivities.  First, my family set up this really awesome ofrenda.  This is a table of the dead, which looked super cool.  



It's one thing that I love about Halloween here, which by the way is called Dia de Los Muertos.  It has more symbolism than the regular Halloween in America. 

After prepping, the 31st finally came around.  :D  I was soooo excited!  That morning I had the opportunity to teach at Discovery.  We played pin the parts on Frankenstein, and the bonnet was the best blindfold I could come up with.  :p



Not really sure who this little rascal is.
 I love these kids!! 

After Discovery we decided as teachers to dress up as Angry Birds since our children LOVE them so much...and maybe cause I have a slight addiction to the game.  ;P  So we started our makeup, and about an hour later this is what we looked like...

 Thanks to Cassie's host sister we got awesome face chalk that worked wonders for our costumes.  Feathers, 79 peso shirts, and black pants completed our bird look.  We really can't forget the combs that made our hairs look like birds nest!
I just love this picture.  It cracks me up every time, like a birds egg cracking on the floor.  I must point out that in this picture I got the highest jump...not bad for being a small egg in a half dozen carton + one.  :)

After our makeovers we got ready to have one heck of a party.  We all had little stations, mine being the food.  ;)  I was only supposed to do face paintings, but since the children brought food like any child would want to do, I was the concession/face painter for the night.  I was excited!






The children were too!!













The other teachers had a mummy wrap, pin the face on the pumpkin, ghost suckers, the donut challenge, and danced the Thriller.  Here are some pictures from the night.




I loved watching this game.  Great job Cassie!! :)
                              Sibling rivalry at it's best.  :)
                                 Our children have amazing abilities in dance!










I love little Hector!  He was a great Mummy!


We figured out that tying donuts on a string took too much time, so what did we do?  We saran wrapped a table and made them eat them with no hands.  It was a great idea!







                                   Our 4-6 class.
                                         Our 6-8 class.

After 8 o'clock was clean-up time.  We left the place a slight mess.  :)







Our main room.  



My room. 
 This is where I did the face paintings.  It kinda got full of garbage in the process.  :P



The remnants of our food.  I never thought I wanted to see another chip in my life, but I think I could use some right now.









Well after that priceless party, I walked home to eat bread and atole with my host sister.  We were having a great time, when the doorbell rang.  It was our next door neighbor.  We live next door to a beauty shop, and this guy works there.  From what I got from my dad was that he was a nice, transvestite that likes to dress up in heels and long wigs.  Whatever makes a man happy I suppose.  He did have the best costume of the night!

After this day of awesomeness I had to go upstairs to pack for our vacation the next day.  This will be one Halloween that will always be on the top of my list!!  I absolutely love MEXICO.

4 comments:

  1. Halloween in Mexico looks like a blast! Do the kids go trick or treating?? What's an ofrenda? I love the angry bird costumes! What a cute idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun, ant thanks!! What did you do for your Halloween? They do go trick or treating, but not everyone does it, so there were only a few kids out doing it. An ofrenda is a table for the dead. So each skull represents a person that has died, and the bread is Pan de Muerto, so bread of the dead. It represents the bones of the ones who have died. Then the favorite fruits and vegetables of the dead gets put on the table as well. We also had tequila, and chocolate atole (which happens to be the best drink ever). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had trunk or treat at church as usual. Nothing too exciting but it was fun! Having an ofrenda seems so cool! I love learning about Hispanic cultures ;) It makes me wonder how mi famila spends their Halloween in Puerto Rico and Cuba! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds fun! I think you would fit in just perfectly here. :) And I am not sure about Puerto Rico, or Cuba, but I bet it is awesome! This work is perfect if you are going into teaching, or want to learn Spanish. If you want to be a Spanish teacher then it is even better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com