-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Friday, October 26, 2012

The Cookie Challenge





Welp....today was the last day.  The last day at Discovery that is.  It was for sure a great day to end on.   For the first part of class we had to combine our openings because someone decided to pee (criminal still at large) on the floor in the other classroom.  We all joined in and sang the pirate song, and the bumblebee song then parted for a time.  And guess what we got to do!?!  The amazing cookie challenge of course.  It was pretty hilarious, and a great note to end my 6 weeks with them.  I think for this post I will let the pictures do most of the talking.  :)  It went something awesome like this:

 I think most of them were in it, just for the cookies, not the actual challenge.  Am I surprised?  Not one bit!  ;P

One thing that is priceless in the world is a child's face...but it's double priceless when it is a funny face.  



















                                         This Angry Bird was on a roll!
;)

Today for some reason, the children didn't have to wear those blue uniforms.  They are actually very stylish when you give them the chance.  Leather jacket, fur vest, yellow skinny jeans, and of course the angry bird shirts just made my day that much better!




She was the closet at actually getting the cookie in her mouth.  I will miss her bunches, and bunches!




I kinda loved teasing them.  I was starting to wonder if they had ever eaten cookies before....I could understand why there parents wouldn't allow such a thing in their home though.  :P


Not sure what he was trying to accomplish here...but I caught him in action. :)


 Love his face! :p



After my activity was over, we waited for Miss Madi's class to come in.  The best part was that they made me a farewell gift.  A balloon with pictures they drew, and their names beside them.  I will keep it forever...maybe not inflated, but kept safe away in my journal.  :)
 


 
It's for sure the best balloon in the world!


 After Miss Madi's class came in I gave them all cookies, and had a mini party.  I made them hug me first if they wanted a cookie, so I am 16 hugs richer.  :)  Miss Madi took some awesome pictures to make this memory last forever. 

-  This is the first class + my awesome balloon.  We gradually added more...
                                    ....and more....:)


                                        Until everyone was in the picture!!!  :D

Teaching these kids has definitely been one of the hardest things that I have ever done, but it was a most rewarding experience.  My hairs may stay a little better on my head, and my energy a little more reserved, but I wouldn't have changed this experience for nothin' in the world.  I love these kids SO much!  I know that they will go as far in life as they want to. After class, 2 boys came and gave me more hugs, so make that 18 hugs richer, with many more to gain.  I am grateful for the time that Heavenly Father has given to me to spend with these children.  I know that we all learned something new, something blue, and definitely something funny in the process.  ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com