-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Serenata at 5 p...a.m

Serenata!!
Rated S: For slurring, and mentioning of guns and famous people.  

Earlier this month on September 2 at 5:00 a.m, I was awakened by a sound that I would care not to wake up to again.  As the video states, it sounded like trumpets and drums, and sounded like a parade going down the street.  I was worried the night before I went to sleep that I wouldn't be able to wake up at 6 o'clock to make my 8 o'clock sacrament meeting.  Had I known what was ahead, the thought wouldn't even have crossed my mind!  So I lay there for a few seconds, thinking that it was coming from inside my house.  A thought of, "Maybe this is how Mexicans celebrate every first Sunday...with a mariachi party,"  but when I got out of bed to look, it was definitely coming from outside on the street.  I really wanted to go downstairs to see what all the ruckus was about, but because I was maybealittlebitscared to find out exactly what it was, I just got back in bed and waited it out.  I waited.  And waited. And recorded my feelings on tape.  And waited.  AND waited for a whole hour to pass.  Now this was unfortunate considering it was time for me to wake up anyways and go to church.  I got up, got ready and went outside hoping to find some remnants of a party of some sort.  Paper mache, pinatas, streamers...but nothing.  Upon arriving home from my Sunday festivities, my "parents" told me all about the serenata's here in Mexico.  They told me that, "When a guy loves a girl and wants to show that love to her, he hires people to sing and play for her."  An appropriate reply would have been, "Aww." or "That's sweet," but all they got was an "Oh."  Maybe I could have been more excited, but due to the exhaustion it caused me I almost fell where I stood.  Thanks serenata, oh and the guy that I now know loves his gurrrl more than anything.  Thanks for sharing with the world.  :p 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com