-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Monday, November 19, 2012

You Know Your in Mexico When...

Now that I have lived in Mexico for 3 months, there are things that I have had to get used to.  Even though I still have another month here, I am pretty sure I have experienced much of good ole Mexico.  Here are the first 42 I thought of.

You know your in Mexico when:

1-  You eat lunch as your big meal at 2 or 3 then eat a small dinner at 8 or 9.  (Usually cereal or yogurt...but thankfully my family feeds me well beyond that!)
2-  You can hear guys whistling at you from a block away.
3-  People stare at you, and yell "Guera, Guera!"
4-  People just plain stare at you.
5-  You get stopped a minimum of three times a day to talk to random strangers, just because you are white.  (Luckily I don't have as big a problem with this one.)
6-  You see stray dogs, but never ones that want to eat you.
7-  You can buy an awesome 3 course lunch for 30 pesos...which is $2.27 in USD's.  (The food is just really good, and cheap!)
8-  You get used to the zing of spicy food.
9-  You hear Gangnam Style at least once every block.
10-  Guys follow you home.  (Luckily it hasn't happened to me yet....knock on wood.)
11-  Guys follow you on their motorcycles, and ask you if you want to go somewhere with them. (Unfortunately, this has happened.)
12-  You carry your keys in your hands at night, just in case you need to take a stab at a jugular.
13-  You see people sweeping the sidewalks outside.
14-  It floods when it rains.
15-  You travel by bus, kombi, or taxi EVERYWHRE.  You walk ALL the time too. 
16-  You see Yacult drinks everywhere.  They are pretty good!
17-  Your hot water is semi warm, and you are oh so grateful for it.
18-  You can smell a guys cologne from a block up.
19-  You see high school couples kissing everywhere.  
20-  You are awoken at 5 in the morning by a serenata.
21-  You have the high school bands play multiple times down your street every holiday.
22-  You have a maid to clean your house. (Although, definitely not every household has one, but not something I was expecting when I got here.)
23-  Older men ask you to be their girlfriend.
24-  Guys always say, "I'm a good guy.".....yeah right.
25-  When Facebook, officially becomes just Face.
26-  You eat fruit everyday because that's what's cheap, and delicious.
27-  You crave BigMacs...but maybe that is just a personal problem.
28-  You freak out when you hear other people speak English...it's just not a common occurrence.
29-  You see graffiti all over the walls.
30-  Everything is locked up to the maximum...I need two keys to get into my house.
31-  You can't drink the water.
32-  You can't flush the toilet paper in the toilet. At least we don't have squatters.  Oh, the things I am grateful for!
33-  You have to go to 5 different stores to buy your fruits, your meat, your makeup, your clothes, your automotive supplies, and your paper. 
34-  You hear, "do, do, dodoo, do do doo, do do da.  El Gas, Gas Oriente!"  The down side is, is that it is not the ice cream truck, it is the gas truck.  They are everywhere, and you hear them on the daily.
35-  You hear everyone playing their music out loud.  They literally take huge speakers outside, and blast it.
36-  It's never just....quiet.
37-  People honk their horns all the time...even for reasons unknown.
38-  The legal drinking age is 18, not 21.
39-  No one hardly smokes cigarettes which is awesome. 
40-  The kids here are hilarious!
41-  You see mountains and nature that take your breath away.
42-  When all the bad gets outweighed by the good!!! 

And this is just a slight list!  Even though some of these things are a nuisance, I really love living here!  It has been a great experience, and I am ready to live this next month awesomely cause I know I will miss it dearly when I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com