-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Saturday, November 24, 2012

I Love Hiking

Well, while the other teachers are enjoying themselves in good ole Mexico City, Janessa and I stayed behind to explore what our home town, Tehuacán had to offer.  First, we started off by getting tortas at her house.  They really are the best in the whole city!  After our stop we walked the 2.3 miles to San Lorenzo.  :)  Here they have awesome hot springs that we went to for my birthday, but little did we know they had a hiking trail as well.  In the beginning, what we really wanted to do was hike "honor mountain," or the mountain with the cross at the top of it.  However, we were told by every person we talked to that going by ourselves was dangerous, and not a smart thing to do.  We were advised to go to San Lorenzo and hike there.  Well, that is exactly what we did!!
Honor Mountain is the mountain way in the back there.  It says, "Honor of Mexico," hence the name Honor Mountain.    We DIDN'T go there unfortunately. 

When we got to San Lorenzo we realized we didn't really know where the trail was, so we just walked towards what we thought was the way and came upon this street.
 Kinda sketch lookin' but we kept going.
 We finally got to this little town, and asked a little boy if he knew where the trail was.  He just pointed back to where we were, and said it was back that way...
So we made the hike back!  It was really dusty, and in the more poor part of town.  It had potential for beauty, but just hadn't made it that far yet. 

When we got back to where we started we talked, and when I say we, I mean Janessa talked to a woman to ask where the trail was.  She said that it was too dangerous, and that tours of the trail are only given on Sunday.  We were like, "alright," and started to go find it anyways. Go figure.  :P  But we did come upon this ginormous tree that was so stinkin' cool!
After our awesome tree experience, we went to finally find this trail!  And we did.  It was like a whole two steps to where we were.  :P  We ascended, and ascended...
 To finally find some cactus.
And some wheat/weed  lookin' things.
I really loved the look of the stuff, so I joined it in a photo.  :D
The hike was fun, but more deserty than I was expecting.  It kept going around, but we finally stopped when we saw caution tape around some cactus.  It was there for a reason, yeah?  On our way back we came upon a cross.  It may have been the one we searched out from the beginning, but honestly, we may never know. 
 This is the city I live in, viewed from the top!
 That about ended our hike, so we descended, and descended all the way to the mall that is.  There we bought tickets for "Amanecer Parte 2," also known as "Breaking Dawn Part 2."  It was Laugh Out Loud FUNNY.  The action part was awesome, but I don't get the whole generated baby thing.  That was just weird.  It was a good movie, and glad it gave me some good laughs.  :)  We also came upon the best Christmas tree I have ever seen.


It was so big, and beautiful!  The sign next to it said, "Keep calm, and learn English."  Yessssssss!

That my friend's is how I spent my Saturday.  I came home, ate some awesome food, then went upstairs to watch a salsa concert on TV with my host dad.  Then he's all like, "Get up."  I was like, "Uhhhhh. I can't dance!"  An hour later ladies and gents, I am doing salsa all around the living room.  :)  It was a fun day, night, and three more Saturday's that my small feet will enjoy in Mexico.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com