-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Friday, November 30, 2012

"An Attitude of Graditude"

I have been blessed to be born into this crazy, awe-inspiring world!  Sometimes, because of all the bad things that are constantly coming up in everyone's everyday life, it is hard to be grateful for the small and simple things that Heavenly Father wanted us to take joy in...well at least that is the case for me.  I just want to share my 30 days of gratitude, even though I know that 30 days is a dust particle of all that I really have been given. 

1-  I am firstly (is that even a word?) grateful for my crazy family!  They are amazing, and I wouldn't be where I am without them.  (Sounds like what everyone says when they win an award on TV or something...well I totally win with my family!)

2-  I am especially grateful for my baby brother J.R.  He has taught me patience, love, and the real meaning of loving kindness.

3-  The gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Anything, and everything it teaches I LOVE!

4-  Jesus Christ.  He loves me so much that he died for me.  I want to be just like him when I grow up.

5-  Prayer.  Knowing that I can talk about anything with my Father in Heaven is absolutely amazing, and priceless.

7-  Hymns.  Being able to sing songs that help me feel the spirit is something that find myself doing a lot.

8-  Laughter.  I think that one is pretty much self explanatory.  :D

9-  Smiles.  I just love to see people's teeth no matter what color or shape they are!

10- Selfless people. Because without them, and their examples, I would be a lost cause.
 
11-  Children.  They are perfect, why wouldn't I love them?

12- A country where I can live freely, and everyone who has sacrificed so much to make it that way.  I love America!

13-  I am grateful for the knowledge I have of eternal life.

14-  I am grateful that I will one day be able to be sealed eternally with my family, so that I can spend forever with them.  Cause let's face it, a lifetime is simply not enough.

15- I am grateful that I have the opportunity to repent of my sins.  But mostly grateful for Jesus Christ for atoning for them.

16-  An amazing host family that has graciously opened their home for me to live in.

17-  The laughter and jokes that my host family has shared with me.
        *(Fireworks outside)
        Me-  What was that?!
        Host dad-  The start of World War III.  :P

18- Service.  Cause serving others helps you find well....you.

19- I am grateful for good food, and even food that makes me want to hurl (AKA Carrots).  Cause I know someone out there would be more than grateful to get just a bite of what I eat.

20-  I am grateful for the act of improvement.  Looking back on my life, I am so happy that I have been able to take small steps towards becoming an independent daughter of God. 

21-  The sun.  I just love being able to still feel the sun in November, and having a million different tan lines. 

22-  Missionary work.  Without this, I would really be a lost cause.  I am grateful for those who are willing to serve 1 1/2 to 2 years of their life in service to Heavenly Father, by bringing others to know the happiness of the gospel.

23-  The smell of shampoo, perfume, and cologne.  Sounds weird, but I will leave it at that.

24-  The sound of rain. 

25-  I love that Heavenly Father has given us beautiful things to look at (Ex. Mountains, Waterfalls, Hills, Caves, Forests, Animals...what isn't beautiful that he has made?)

26-  Friends.  I may not have many, but so blessed to have the amazing ones that I was blessed to meet in this life!!

27- I am grateful for a body that can walk, talk, and see. 

28-  I am grateful for hand written letters, e-mail, and cell phones. 

29-  I am grateful for the priesthood that has blessed me so much in my life.  

30-  I am beyond grateful for the ability to travel and see the world!  Mexico is just the start of my adventures to say the least...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com