-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's finally SUNDAY. That's my fun day :)

Church for me here in Mexico starts at 8 o'clock in the morning.  I am very excited for Sundays, considering it is my chill day to well...chill.  Our first meeting is Sacrament meeting.  All of our services are held in Spanish, so it is an interesting experience to be able to see what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is like in another country.  The amazing thing about it is that besides the language, everything is the same.  I love that I can walk into the church, and feel totally welcome and comfortable because it is all familiar to me like in the states.  There is a bishop, two counselors, relief society president, and of course missionaries, all who are most gracious to have us there. 

I don't have a translator for our sacrament meeting, and my young adult class, so it is up to me to listen, and get as much as I can out of it.  It is actually really cool because I understand a lot more than I thought I was capable.  Last Sunday was fast and testimony meeting, and it was interesting to watch the people get up and bear their testimonies of what they know to be true.  One thing that IS different, is that Americans are a lot more long winded.  :p  There was about 20 people of adults and youth that had the chance to speak.  Whereas, in America, we would be lucky to get 10 people up on the pulpit!  I loved the time that I had to maybe not understand what the members were saying, but to feel their spirit of truth and hope. 

I also had the opportunity to say a prayer in our last class of the day, (which we do have a translator for) also known as relief society.  :)  I was grateful for the opportunity to share my prayer in English with them, and be able to feel welcome in the ward.  I love the chance I have to get together with the sisters of the church, and be able to talk about our topic of the hour which was faith.  We talked about Noah, Moses, the three Hebrews, Lot, and of course Jesus Christ.  I hope to one day have the faith the scriptures talk about: faith strong enough to move mountains.  This may be literal in the scripture sense, but in my life I have come to accept that no matter how much I wish it to happen, it never will.  :p  One day while walking to school, my friend pointed out the mountains in the distance which I have never noticed before.  They really were beautiful, and even though I may not be able to move them, I hope that the testimony I hold dear to my heart will be like one of those mountains which stands solid with no one to budge them out of their place.

I am so very grateful that almost 6 years ago I was able to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I have met many people who have led and guided me when my path seemed broken and "unfixable."  Some of these people are in the scriptures and the Book of Mormon.  I have a testimony of our modern day prophet Thomas S. Monson, and his apostles.  I love this gospel, not only in America but anywhere I may be sent.  I am happy.  I am a Mormon, and Sundays are my fun days.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com