-Footprints in the Sand-

-Footprints in the Sand-

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets offootprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really troubled him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beauty to the Rescue

This weekend I had the opportunity to visit a place in the foothills of Mexico; Cuetzalan, Puebla.  The ride was about 6 hours by bus, with never ending curves.  I don't get bus sick very often, but there was no stopping it this time.  It actually surprises me, that a person could even drive a bus.  I mean the things are huge!  Driving a straight line would be all I could do sober...which isn't really saying much, considering I have run over my fair share of curbs in my day.  But really, driving up to Cuetzalan was all mountainous, so around and around, and around we went.  Some of the curves were sharp, and I really don't know how I made it there, cause looking out the window and seeing a cliff the size of the ocean could really get your doubts flying.  The drive was beyond beautiful though, and was really refreshing to see something new. 

The first night we got there, it rained....sooo much!  The bottom of my jeans were wet to the knees so I had to roll them up.

   I have come the realization of two things just from this experience: 
1-  Being that sometimes being short does suck.
&
2-  There really is a purpose for skinny jeans.

That first day we got to see people called...Well, I will just call them the Flying Mohawks considering I have no idea what they were called!  Flying because they were technically flying through the air, maybe not with wings, but with ropes!  They went around and around this pole...



Flying Mohawks up close.
                                          

Really up close and personal.  I love how none of them look excited to take this picture.  And you only see my eyes...yet another reason shortness takes a backseat in my book.  :P
                      
After the cool Flying Mohawks show, I did what any other tourist would do and toured the town.  I saw an amazing church, took pictures cause that's what I like to do, then ate, and ate, and ate!  (My eating habit could have a blog page all to itself it's so large in stature.)  So after all the festivities, night time came and there was a huge concert.  The concert was of this mariachi band, who were pretty good.  However, listening to mariachi music for more than an hour may cause you to secretly want earplugs.  Well when we were there for about 2 hours we decided to go back to our hostel since it was like 11 o'clock, and really dark.  So we went to sleep off the day, and dream of our next adventures.

*Side note- During the night I was awakened by someone laughing...I may or may not have been a little scared, but then I realized it was Janessa. :P

The next day we got to sleep in and take it easy and not worry about teaching for once, then went and got a brunch at a restaurant.  It was so good, you have no idea.  After our pit stop we toured the town some more then went to see a waterfall!  This was an amazing sight to behold.



















I love that our Heavenly Father gave us beautiful things to look at.  When you think about it, it is kind of surreal that someone could make something so beautiful.  Where did it all begin you ask?  Well I know that life is never ending, kind of like a figure 8.  I do know that he made things to bring us joy.  Think of it like a car.  I know absolutely nothing about cars, but I know that there was some genius man who invented it all.  I may not know him personally, but I can study and find out what he was like, and how he came to build something so awesome.  The same is with the earth.  Study things out in the scriptures, and you are bound to know just who made every thing that makes you smile.  For me, those would be this waterfall, pretty flowers, my family, goats, silly children, and even the food that I eat everyday.  I am grateful for it all, and thank God in Heaven for it all.  

Things are not always easy peezy lemon squeezy though.  Life takes work, and A LOT of faith.  Giving up when things get hard is not what life was supposed to be about.  When life gets hard, that means that we need to look to the things that can make our day better a lot more than we would any other day.  This is the beauty of the world.  It is the best stress reliever, and it's free.  A word that we all like to hear.  :)  I was walking to the store today, and I thought I saw purple leaves on the sidewalk.  I was really excited by my findings, but upon closer inspection, Janessa actually pointed out that it was a flower.  A flower that looked like leaves that is!  I don't know why, but the beauty of that flower somehow made my day better.  I don't think I could explain why, but I know it put a smile on my face.  That is all it takes to change a day.  It may sound silly, but it is what it is.  You should try it sometime.  Go for a walk, and see what you find, but remember to thank the person that created such amazing things in the first place.  Really you should do it...like now.  Ready...Set...Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redeemer


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com